Thursday, February 4, 2010

To Daily Collegian

Re: Justice for Jason
Dear editor,
I am sympathetic to everything that happened two years ago to Jason and the other two men, but it is hard for me to sit here and feel good about all the people who “braved the cold” in support of Jason. I have been seeing and hearing opinions on the situation for two years now, and the majority of people, protesting or not, don’t even know the real story.
I know what happened and it might have been a race issue in the end, but that does not justify stabbing two different people five to seven times EACH. Those two kids are lucky to be alive, and there is a point where self defense ends. Also, Jason had a knife that he used for wiring things. Why would you bring out your knife with you when going to pay for a pizza at such late hours, knowing there are two kids out there who you just had a verbal confrontation with?
I’m not on either side. It just bothers me that people are so quick to jump to the aid of someone in a race issue without even looking at pieces of the case that are so illogical.

Sincerely,
Dan Mangan

No comments:

Post a Comment