Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Project 3----Part II

I am creating a little video of the semesters shenanigans for my friends eyes only, and for my project I decided to give them a little preview of just a few funny clips. It was not necessarily a YouTube hit, but it was definitely a hit with my friends. As of this post I have over 150 views, which is not bad I guess because I definitely don't have 150 friends. I was a little disappointed on the commenting aspect though, none of my friends have a YouTube account and no one from the class commented on the video so there wasn't really a conversation going on. I left a comment: "no comments?" so I'll have to wait and see if anyone responds to that.

My plan going in was to put together some funny clips and hopefully people would like it and show their friends and it would be seen that way. One way I definitely could have got more hits was by changing the name to something to do with Umass partying or something. Under the tags for people's searches I did put a lot of different things in including Umass, but that didn't seem to help because of the title. It was a trailer for a movie, and I didn't want to mislead people by putting up a different title. So basically only people who know me knew what the video was about.

The comment aspect of it was tough for this kind of video because I posted the link on my Facebook wall and a lot of my friends Facebook walls. That is where I got all the comments. Some of the comments were: "hahahahaahhahh," "I just laughed out loud in du bois," "That's awesome," and some repeated quotes from the trailer. Other people asked me when the video was going to be done. I attribute the lack of comments on YouTube to the fact that the video was aimed at a circle of friends and they can more easily talk to each other on Facebook.

There are other videos that have to do with Umass partying on YouTube and the ones that have the most hits were all sent to Barstool. Maybe I should have tried to send my video to other blog websites for more exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment