Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Project 2

Project two was a bit of a disappointment. I went for the big hit with WEEI's "Big Show." The topic was a pre-season discussion about the Red Sox lineup. Some people wanted to move Big Papi further down the lineup than he ended up hitting, others wanted him out of the lineup altogether to be replaced by Mike Lowell. I was going to talk about how they just need to give Papi a chance to see what he can do, and if he doesn't produce they should then replace him with Lowell. Ultimately I was going to end my point with the fact that the Red Sox need to move away from Papi and Lowell because they are getting too old and can't produce like they used to; and that we should go after Adrian Gonzales of the Padres with everything that we have, I'm talking Teixeira money.

BUT. I was on hold and ended up getting cut off because the caller period ended. So, I don't really know how I feel about calling into the Radio. The Letter to the editor was a truthfully awesome experience. Even though my letters did not get published I liked writing them because I could take time to write about my point; and if they did get published it would have been satisfying in the sense that so many more people would have seen my opinion and been able to construct their opinion off of mine. With calling into the radio you don't get anything out of it. It is like a dog going around the dinner table trying to get some attention and clean up the scraps.

The thing about Talk Radio is that there is only so much to talk about. With sports an avid sports fan might know a ton of stuff about the topics, but there is only so much you can know. The hosts know everything, and you might be able to put in a good point when you call in but the host will always dominate your point. It is just not satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment